Sunday, December 11, 2011

Home is where my heart is II

I guess, ever since I was a small kid, whenever I went out of town, I would always looking forward to go back to KL. Not because of what KL has to offer for me, but basically for KL is indeed my home.

My home sweet home.

What's really great about KL? Dahlah bad traffic, crime rates tinggi, bising, air pollution merata-rata, and you are welcomed to the sight of concrete jungle once you enter the borderline Selangor-KL. Development bangunan tinggi merata-rata that sometimes look so scary because they are built on the edge of a hill. Pergilah area Mont Kiara kalau tak percaya, kondominium tinggi bersesak-sesak ada kat sana.

But then again, KL is my home.

It's the place where I grew up. I've never been so far, out of country, paling jauh pun Tangkak. Home is the place where I learn almost about everything. Masa kecik2 main dengan jiran2 taman, with seasonal outdoor games like layang-layang, main guli, kejar-kejar and we even held our own sukaneka on our own, unlike what children nowadays are up to; ipads, video games and other tech stuff. BORING!

I guess, home is the place that I can be most comfortable with myself. For real comfort, I would always turn to my home. It might look a little different now, but it is still the same place I call home.

I guess bila dah tua pun, I would definitely say the same thing. As much as I adore a quiet, secluded, isolated beautiful place like an island in Terengganu for instance, Segambut is still my favourite place to stay.

It's the so-called love-hate relationship that I have for this place. It's kinda hard to explain. You know you have one too.




Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to.  ~John Ed Pearce




No comments: