Saturday, May 14, 2011

Life's like that

Imagine a 4 year old girl, abandoned by her young parents, living with her siblings and a drug addict uncle, and can only depends her life on her step grandmother. Her elder sister ran away from home, and just had a baby at age 16. Her step grandmother works in the afternoon and she had nowhere to go and just wandering around. Even chocolates like choki-choki she'll consider it as a meal for the day.

This is the girl that I met yesterday for one of the KZM cases (KZM stands for Kurang Zat Makanan). They'd been given Bakul Makanan by the Unit Pemakanan (Jabatan Kesihatan) every month. And we went to pay a visit to check the children improvement whether the Bakul Makanan has been useful for them.

We had three cases yesterday.2 cases in Jinjang area  and one in Sri Alam.

'You have to see the unfortunates to feel grateful for what you have,' Mak said.

I had an easy life compared to these unfortunates. Maybe I don't have much, compared with the rich people.  Yet, I have enough. Tak pernah rasa lapar, kecuali salah sendiri sebab terlalu boros berbelanja. There was never a day that I could complain saying that I don't get enough pocket money.

I was speechless when I went to see the girl's house. There was her drug addict uncle, who's in his own world and ignored us completely. The size of her house is half size of our house in Plaza Rah. It was empty, and there was only 1 mattress in the house. Probably she shares it with her brothers and the uncle. We were so worried about her safety, anything could happen to her. But we were most worry that she'll follow her mom or her sister's footsteps.

Nasib baik dia dapat Bakul Makanan, sedikit sebanyak dapat membantu. Bakul makanan tu consist of full cream milk, beras, milo, sardin and other stuff. Tak banyak, tapi cukuplah kot untuk mengurangkan beban.

Life can be very hard for some people, and can be very easy for some. For some, you'll get either one, whether it's love or money. But for her, she gets none. She has no love or money.

True, there are some people who are poor but they have love. Parents are working hard to feed their child and ensuring the safety and education as the main priority. But reality check, what you see on TV is the real thing going on in the real world. Sebab tu, family support sangat penting, parents upbringing, and the importance of education is very very important.


When I was on my way back to my office, I was thinking very hard. And I had the images of the house, and the girl named Pija over and over again. I pray for the girl, her safety and her life.


In my heart, I deeply thank Allah for everything that I have.

No comments: