Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm not a scientist

Today's class with Prof Ismail was interesting. At least it was not about food technology blablabla, or GIT disease blablabla, or even pharmacology blablabla.
Names like Imelda Marcos and Nelson Mandela were mentioned. And several times, his stories about Guatemala and Haiti were brought up. As far as I can remember, ever since first year, I have been sleeping throughout his lecture. Dengan muka hodoh sambil tersengguk-sengguk dengan dahsyatnya. And today, for the first time, I enjoyed every second of his lecture. About starvation.

I'm not sure if science is really my thing.
I still remember not getting any A's for any of my science subjects ever since I was in school. Weird huh?
Celah mana boleh pursue science subject pon tak tahu.

'Maybe you're not meant to do science,' That's what my teacher has told me back when I was in Form 4.
 I dunno. And I still don't know. Maybe because I'm used to the scientific terms and writings, and being fascinated by the beautiful creations of God, I thought, science is cool. But to be devoted to science and choosing it as a profession in the future, probably not.

I enjoy learning human issues subject. As in, history. As in world issues.Not to say that I'm good at it, but  I can recall the most interesting subject I ever had apart of cooking and experimenting or scouting for food, I found TITAS as an intriguing subject. At least, once in a week, I'll get rid of all those complex and bombastic super duper scientific terms out of my head.

Entahlah. Rasa macam nak pursue dalam bidang lain. Tak pun maybe mengkaji pasal nutrition tapi more to human behavior, social factors ke, i dunno, as long as I don't have to be at lab. 

My future is yet too soon to tell.




* looking forward to 'makan besar'*




2 comments:

ubabe said...

aku pun ade name prof ismail :)

ainishamsi said...

ah, go for public health then. or maybe u can join my dept, sc n tech studies. go figure